The Commission for the Monitoring of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities carries out the implementation of the provisions of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
The Commission executes the following functions:
- constantly checks how the provisions of the Convention and the Recommendations are implemented, according to the operational plan approved by the Commission every year;
- provides recommendations to the Parliament of the Republic of Lithuania, the Government of the Republic of Lithuania, state and municipal institutions, the Equal Opportunities Ombudsperson of the Republic of Lithuania and other legal entities, other organizations and their divisions regarding the implementation of the provisions of the Convention and Recommendations;
- every year, no later than January 31, prepares a report on the activities of the Commission for the previous year and submits it to the Equal Opportunities Ombudsperson;
- prepares monitoring reports on the implementation of the provisions of the Convention at least every two years. The Commission publishes these reports on the website of the Office of the Equal Opportunities Ombudsperson in Lithuanian and English, and their summaries, if possible, in easy-to-read and Lithuanian Sign Language;
- submits independent monitoring reports on the implementation of the provisions of the Convention to the United Nations Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities in accordance with the requirements and deadlines for these reports;
- considers other issues related to the monitoring of the implementation of the provisions of the Convention.
The Commission has the right to:
- to receive the information necessary from individuals, legal entities, other organizations and their departments in order to carry out its functions;
- to collaborate with experts, to offer the Equal Opportunities Ombudsperson to conduct investigations, to form work groups;
- to provide opinions and comments on current legal acts and draft legal acts on compliance with the Convention.
Contact via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org