Stop Violence Against Women: From (A)wareness to (Z)ero Victims Blaming
Duration: 3rd April 2017 – 2nd October 2019
Objectives: to develop targeted information & implement practical empowerment actions, education activities and awareness-raising to increase understanding of different forms of VAW & stop blaming VAW victims & ultimately contribute to promoting zero tolerance to VAW & strengthening gender equality.
By using the framework of the “theory of change” the project will aim at finding practical solutions for complex social issues. This will be achieved by implementing three specific goals of the project:
- Empowering VAW victims & women at risk through development of key messages and most effective communication tools to increase women’s abilities to recognise VAW and trigger motivation to reach out for help.
- Building capacity of professionals through training and development of practical information to ensure sensitive support for victims of VAW and input to VAW prevention.
- Raising awareness of the general public through informing society about various forms of VAW & challenging victim-blaming attitudes within society.
The project will address several target groups ensuring sustainability of its results:
- Victims of domestic violence and women at risk to domestic violence;
- Health care professionals (primary health care level doctors and gynaecologists);
- Social workers;
- Child rights protection officers.
Co-funded by the Justice Programme of the European Union